Terms & Conditions / Shipping / Guarantee
Placing an order is as easy as 1-2-3:
- Surf the pages of the online shop and enter the quantity of your desired item and click on the buy button. Do this for as many items as you feel the need for.
- When you’re happy you’ve got all you need or your wife/husband/partner/bank manager is breathing down your neck click on the checkout/basket button at the top right of the screen to check your order and change it if necessary before clicking on checkout/order.
- You are now on a secure server where it is safe for you to divulge your personal details safe in the knowledge we will never share them for any reason and never use them without your express permission except of course in order to get your parts to you.
Our payment system is fully compliant with the latest e-commerce security standard. We can accept payment by bank transfer, credit card, cheque or good old fashioned folding cash (of the NZ$ variety). Just don’t send it in the post! Currently we can process Visa or Mastercard credit or credit/debit cards.
If you choose to pay by bank/cheque/cash you will receive payment instructions via an automated confirmation email when you have completed your details and pressed send order.
If you choose to pay by credit card you will be whisked away to a 3rd party secure payment page to enter your card details. Your card will be instantly authorised but no payment will be taken until your parts are ready to ship.
Once completed your order will flash up on our system and at the same time an automated confirmation email will ping into your inbox (assuming you provided an email address) At this point you should double check all the details on the order and let us know if there is anything untoward going on.
Please be aware that although we provide prices in your currency for convenience, we are a NZ company and always bill in NZ$. The name Thunderbike Engineering will appear on cardholders statements for any transaction through this website.
Export orders are billed exempt of GST. Any duties or taxes payable at the destination are the responsibility of the buyer. Check with your countries customs authority what the fees are likely to be before ordering.
If a part you have ordered is not currently available we will email you to let you know how long it is likely to be before the item becomes available again. You will then have the option to wait patiently with baited breath or cancel your order. Either way we don’t charge to a card until goods are ready to ship so no harm done.
We use the following shipping methods:
- Domestic freight is by trackable courier and has a target delivery time of 1-3 days. Rural deliveries can take longer. All packages must be signed for so no PO Boxes unfortunately.
- International orders below NZ$250 value go by International Air. This service has a target delivery time of 3-10 working days.
- International orders over NZ$250 value go by International Economy Courier. This service has a target delivery time of 2-6 working days to most countries in Europe, North America and Australia. Orders to countries this service doesn’t cover will go by International Air with extra cover for the value of the order. We will let you know if this is the case.
We will endeavour to email confirmation of shipping on the day your order is shipped. The confirmation will include the target delivery time.
All our shipments are trackable and insured so if your order hasn’t arrived in the time estimated let us know so that we can chase it up with the carrier. It has been known on occasion for orders to be delayed in transit for reasons usually only known to the customs clearance people but it is almost unheard of for a parcel to go missing completely.
In the unlikely event that an order arrives with damaged packaging please record the damage before opening the package. All orders are shipped insured but we will need as much evidence as possible in order to submit a claim to the carrier for compensation due to damage in transit.
The Thunderbike Guarantee: "It works as promised, or your money back"
- Thunderbike guarantees all products and services it provides to its customers
- If it doesn't work, we'll make it work
- If it won't work, we'll give you your money back
Product returns will only be accepted at the discretion of Thunderbike and freight costs will not be reimbursed. Returned items must be in an unused saleable condition. Please contact us before sending items back. We are very reasonable and approachable people!
If a product is found faulty in materials or workmanship and we can’t fix it or replace it we will refund the original purchase price plus reasonable return shipping costs.
Chrome plated parts: As the conditions of use vary greatly (e.g. salts on the road, proximity to salt-laden sea air), the chrome finish on our chrome plated parts is warranted for 6 months from the date of supply (the same as Triumph apply to the chrome finish on their own bikes). If you're not already aware, note that chrome plating is a porous finish and should be kept in a way to prolong life and prevent corrosion. I.e. keep it clean, dry it off, wax/seal it.
Factory warranty issues: If in doubt talk to your local Triumph dealer for their take on it. It’s them you’ll have to deal with if you have a warranty issue. If you’re not comfortable with the modification/part being acceptable to Triumph don’t buy it. Until your warranty period has passed of course!
Compliance issues: Again, if in doubt don’t order. We don’t guarantee any products are legal/compliant for road use. We do guarantee our materials and workmanship and that the product does the job it is intended for.
Fitting: We endeavour to provide fitting instructions where we deem it necessary for the average home mechanic. We always recommend seeking professional assistance if you are in any doubt whatsoever about your work or your ability to do the work.
We don’t provide lengthy disclaimers, please take responsibility for your own safety and don’t be too proud to ask for help/advice.